Our clear commitment to combining the fundamental value of protecting our environmental heritage with development.
Our environmental and energy policy is based on the following principles:
- extensive compliance with regulatory requirements;
- an ongoing commitment to improving the environmental and energy performance;
- education and involvement of all actors involved in the airport system for a commitment towards respecting and protecting our common environmental heritage;
- priority given to the purchase of products and services which adopt similar environmental sustainability parameters, with particular attention to energy saving, the reduction of atmospheric and noise emissions and water conservation;
- identification of sources and controls of CO2 emissions produced, both direct and indirect, through the involvement of the stakeholders, in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in line with the Kyoto protocol and subsequent international agreements and conventions;
- a constant level of monitoring and verification of the processes related to the energy, atmospheric emission, noise and water cycle topics, and in general the various phenomenon concerning interaction with the ecosystem;
- a highly developed system of listening and communication with a wide range of external actors to ensure transparency and sharing.
Our commitment to reduce environmental impacts increases the need to integrate key issues of environmental management into the strategies and economic/financial management of the Company.
In this sense, the Environment and Airport Safety function ensures that stakeholders working in the field of aviation operations in our airports, through periodic monthly Committees, are provided with information on the environment and operational safety and, externally, this ensures a correct relationship with the local territory and institutions. Our environmental and energy policy management tools and guidelines are periodically reviewed both internally and externally and drive the commitment we have in providing stakeholders with a detailed report on the environmental and energy processes of our airports.