The Non-Aviation activities concern the provision of aviation support operations completion services and include:
- retail activities (duty free and duty paid sale to the public, catering, car hire, advertising, the management of spaces for the carrying out by third parties of banking activities);
- the management of parking;
- the management of cargo spaces;
- the management of advertising spaces;
- other activities, included under the account “services and other revenues” (such as ticket office operations, vehicle maintenance, real estate, including rentals and concessions of sections of the airport and technological and design services and also non-regulated security services).
Portion of revenues from Non-Aviation activities
|Non-Aviation operating revenues (thousands of Euro)||227,263||216,900||214,864|
|Non-Aviation revenues (% of total revenues)||31.3||31.0||30.9|
|Other revenues (% of total revenues)||68.7||69.0||69.1|
Type of revenues from Non-Aviation activities
|2017 (Euro thousands)||2016 (Euro thousands)||% of 2017 total Non-Aviation Revenues|
|Services and other revenues||20,780||22,394||9.1|
Non-Aviation Business operating revenues reported in 2017 totaled Euro 227.3 million (+4.8% compared to the previous year) and represent approx. 31.3% of total Group revenues. The most significant Non-Aviation Business revenue came from retail activities (42.0% of total revenues), followed by parking activities (28.3%), with increases over 2016 of 5.9% and 6.7% respectively. In terms of retail revenues, shop revenues increased by 5.2% and food & beverage revenues increased by 5.3%, over the previous year.